Role: Research Associate
The delivery of assignment and non-assignment based support to assist in the execution of the firm’s executive search services.
Research Associate acts as the centre of market information for their Consultant. Their role is divided into two types of work: Mandated Search and Non Mandated research.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the firm’s database (“The Sage”). Knowing what “The Sage” can and cannot do, and keeping abreast of changes to systems and processes is critical.
- Responsible for working closely with Consultants throughout the search process.
- Responsible for handling multiple assignments, while developing an excellent knowledge of their specialized areas.
- Preparation of job descriptions that concisely contain the position requirements, responsibilities, organizational relationships and cultural issues in the client business.
- Assisting Consultants in developing a basic search strategy by identifying a target list of companies and mapping a candidate universe and ensuring that all information is input and updated in “The Sage”.
- Researching, approaching and developing candidates. Working with Consultants when sourcing, assessing and developing senior level candidates.
- Coordinating candidate interviews and liaising with candidates and clients on interview logistics.
- Assisting Consultants in narrowing down the Universe list and assisting in the screening and interviewing of candidates. Ensuring all information gathered from these processes is updated or input into “The Sage”.
- Assisting Consultants in writing CVs and assessments on candidates using the standard Global Sage templates.
- Ensuring and assisting their Consultant in the management of standardized documentation throughout the search process and ensuring it has been input, updated and saved in the “The Sage” and that the appropriate documentation is attached.
- Preparing compensation history and other related documents for finalist candidates.
Non Mandated Research
- Building and maintaining Business Development lists and identifying business opportunities in line with the Market and Business Development Strategy as set by the Consultant.
- Preparing marketing pitches, product or market specific and / or generic presentations, specific research projects and surveys requested by clients.
- Preparation of the people moves report and analysis and a market overview of their specialized areas once every quarter which will be set by the Consultant in alignment with their market and business development strategy.
- Writing ”Thought Pieces” with input from the Consultant on themes/trends in the market
- Preparation of Compensation Analysis using third party research and proprietary intelligence
- Ensuring that all reports sent to clients follow standard formats for the firm.
- Providing ongoing suggestions for ways in which reports and presentations can be improved and developed.
- Proactively researching new sources of information.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com